Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
July 2012 Newsletter
Double Reverse Applique
Online July 6th

Image - red apple on green and blue background
An Apple a Day is the name I've given the project I teach in my Double Reverse Applique class. Isn't it striking? Perhaps that's the reason this class is the most popular one I teach. Plus, the technique is very useful, both easy and accurate.

Be sure to check out the awesome projects my students have made with this technique.

Class starts July 6, 2012.Full information.

Fabric, Paper, and French Knots

Image - aqua sky and foliage with fuschia flowers
These are the ingredients of my recent glued collage, Garden of Restfulness. It was so much fun! I did the whole thing in just a few hours.

Because I was using glue, I could handle very delicate, sheer papers. I love that! And, because this composition was created on a stretched canvas, I was able to add hand embroidered French Knots. This technique is so versatile!

Please take a look at the larger view of this piece, which also incldues a link to a detail shot.

Want to try this yourself? You can learn about it in a video about my work. Or, sign up to be notified about the next "Sticky Fingers" class.

Quilts Added to Website

I've added a couple of earlier quilts to my website. Click on each title to see a larger image, along with a link to a detail shot.

Image - blue and orange abstract
Lively Conversation,©2006

Image - orange and yellow strips on a purple background
Number 3, with an Eggroll, ©2003

-

Next Online Class

Double Reverse Applique
July 6th

Class Info

Upcoming Events

- Melbourne, FL, May 19-August 18, Florida in Fabric exhibit
- .Jacksonville, FL, August 27, Design Your Own Nature Quilt class
- Orlando, FL, Sept. 8-9, Instant Art Quilt class, Design Your Own Nature Quilt class

Full Teaching and Events Schedule

Art on Tour

New on Website
- Garden of Restfulness
- Lively Conversation
- Number 3, with an Eggroll

New on Blog

- Florida in Fabric exhibit
- Exquisite Embroidery
- Glued Collage (2)
- Visiting New York City
- Commission quilt (3)
- Art spread on the floor
Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

What's New

Image - colorful embroidery on black fabric

My friend, Eleanor Chambers, does exquisite embroidery. On a recent play day I got to see it up close and I could hardly take my eyes (and hands) off of it! The colors and textures just beg to be touched. Here's a taste. Be sure to check out additional images on my blog.

I hope you're enjoying your own extraordinary quilt making adventures!

Ellen

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2012 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.