Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
September 2012 Newsletter
Design Your Own Nature Quilt
Online September 21st

Image - yellow and orange tulips, green background
Check out the great quilt at right. It's made by Monica Spicker and she calls it April in Amsterdam.

Monica made this quilt in my Design Your Own Nature Quilt class. Although her starting photo was awesome, she improved upon the composition, while still capturing the backlit quality of these tulips. Great work!

This is my favorite class to teach, because the students find they're able to do things they would have never thought possible. Exciting for everyone!

You can join the fun (and challenge) online starting September 21st. Enrollment is very limited. Find full details here.

Read a short excerpt from the class material. See other student results in the student gallery.

Summer Fields

When you reorganize your sewing supplies do you find things you'd forgotten about? This happened to me recently, when I discovered a lovely collection of silk fabrics hidden away. I'd already been working on a new sketch and I knew immediately that these fabrics would be perfect for it.

Image - gently rolling fields in soft greens

This little quilt (20 x 14) was inspired by the farm view from my parent's driveway. I love the gently rolling fields, which gave me the idea for the name, Summer Fields. Perhaps you can identify the loose representation of a corn field. I did quite a bit of hand stiching on this piece, so be sure to check out the details link.

Working with raw edged silks can be challenging, but I had a few tricks in my tool box. Read more about the construction on my blog. And see more quilt details here.

Crotons Wins Viewers' Choice

I was very happy to learn that my quilt, Crotons, won Viewers' Choice at the recent Florida in Fabric exhibit. How nice!

Image- Crotons quilt on pink wall

-

Next Online Class

Design Your Own Nature Quilt
Class Info

Upcoming Events

- Orlando, FL, Sept. 8-9, Instant Art Quilt class, Design Your Own Nature Quilt class
-Clearwater, FL, Oct. 18-19, Playing with Fabric lecture, Double Reverse Applique class
- Ft. Collins, CO, Oct. 27-28, Playing with Fabric lecture, Double Reverse Applique class
Orlando, FL, November 5, Playing with Fabric lecture

Full Teaching and Events Schedule

New on Website
- Summer Fields

New on Blog

- Portfolio 18
- It Doesn't Always Work
- Rural Reminders
- Closets, Clutter, and Color
- Silk Two Ways
- Quilt Home from Estonia
- Rhapsody in Blue Berries
- Jacksonville FL class
-Summer Fields
Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

What's New

Image - sqaures of cream colored silk fabricsMy commissiom quilt, Blessings Underfoot, has been delivered to the buyer for framing. I can't wait to see it installed at Nemours Childrens' Hospital, in Orlando, FL!

Reorgnaizing my sewing supplies caused me to find the wonderful silk fabrics I used in Summer Fields. And, guess what? I also discovered a huge array of creams and tans. So, I'm burning more silk and working on the next thing. Oh what fun!

I hope you're enjoying your own extraordinary quiltmaking adventures!

Ellen

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2012 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.