Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
May 2013 Newsletter

Sticky Fingers
Starts May 3

Image - soft greens showcase a bird's nest
It's almost time to get your fingers sticky! It's inevitable when working with this fast and easy glued collage technique.

Becky Sunderman's "Canopy Nest," at left, is a great example of student work. You can see many more wonderful student collages here.

Wouldn't you like to try your hand at this?

You can join in the fun when the next class starts May 3rd. See full details. (If you join after the 3rd, you can easily catch up.)

Notes for a Friend Continue

Image - white, black, and grey with hand stitched accents

My latest set of "Notes for a Friend" was inspired by a gray winter day and the bare branches of trees. I had fun working with that, but as you can see, I eventually had to add some color. And, of course, some hand stitching. I think it adds so much to these tiny pieces!

There are three in this colorway. I hope you'll take a look at the entire series here.

-

Next Online Class

May 3, 2013
Sticky Fingers

Class Info

New on Website

Note for a Friend #7
Note for a Friend #8
Note for a Friend #9

New on Blog

- Happy Spring
- Hairy Wall
- Green, Brown, and Blue
- Blue Chairs
- Beads and Baubles
- Photo Safari
- Fabric Bombing
Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

I've Been Fabric Bombed!

Image - yellow sheer fabric waving in the breeze

What is fabric bombing?  It's a very new thing, following the example of yarn bombing.  With either, a venue is surprised to find their trees, fire hydrants, and other outdoor features have been covered with fabric (or knitting and crocheting,) often during the night. Ever since learning about this, I've been talking it up to my fiber art friends.

Then, recently, I came home and found my yard had been bombed!  Not only that, but several friends pulled into the driveway as I did, there to enjoy "the reveal." How absolutely fantastic! 

Things have been challenging for my family lately, and I immediately recognized the fabric bombing as a show of caring and support.  I was so touched!

The sheer piece at left is just one of the lovely components of a very large installation. I've written two posts about the bombing on my blog, and have included many photos. Please take a look at this wonderful outpouring of love and support.

What's New

Last month I told you about a fun Photo Safari. Since then, I've included more photos and information about it on my blog. I think you'll enjoy it.

After recently finishing a quilt (except for the sleeve, etc.) I decided to take a creative vacation before proceeding. And by "creative vacation," I don't mean a vacation from being creative, but rather a vacation from tasks so that I CAN be creative. I get such an adrenalin surge from playing and experimenting. This time, I'm doing exercises from an excellent book about design. (More on that next time.)

I hope you're making time for creativity as well!

Ellen

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2013 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.