Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
July 2013 Newsletter

Double Reverse Applique
Starts
Online July 5th

What can you do with the Double Reverse Applique techique? LOTS! Like the quilt below. Although it's five feet long it uses the same technique students learn when making the twelve inch class project.

Image - Lake Powell quilt

One of the fantastic things about this technique is the accuracy it provides. To show you what I mean take a look at the inspiration photo used for the quilt above.

Image - Lake Powell original photo

Image - red apple on green and blue background

Plus, the Double Reverse Applique technique is very easy. Seriously!

During class you'll not only make the awesome apple shown at right, but you'll also learn how to make your own patterns. Join me online July 5th for all the fun!

See student results and full information.

New Work: York Wall

Image - medieval walls glow in the setting sun

Ten years later I FINALLY finished York Wall.

I'm very happy with it, although I have to confess I felt differently several times during construction. I don't think I'm an "architechtural person." I enjoy the looseness of depicting nature much more.

Learn more about this quilt here and see a detail shot. Or, check out my blog for several posts about construction, problem solving, and how I got that yellow glow. (My favorite thing about this quilt!)

-

Next Online Class

July 5, 2013
Double Reverse Applique

Class Info

New on Website

York Wall

New on Blog

- "York Wall" complete
- Hospital Quilt Installation
- Baby Shoes
- Working an Idea
- Drawing Inspiration from Earlier Quilts
- Sketching Barns
- The Value of
Non-Productivity
Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

What's New

Image - stitch and slash detail
I recently took an online class, "Stitch and Slash," with Carol Ann Waugh. It was great fun until I tried to slash my fabric with my seam ripper. Daggone that thing was dull! When I bought a new one I couldn't believe the difference. How long has it been since you bought a seam ripper?

Did you know my blog has a search feature? So, if for instance, you wanted to see all the posts about my latest quilt, you could search "York Wall," or something similar, and they'd all show up. Cool, huh?

Ellen

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2013 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.