Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
August 2013 Newsletter
Design Your Own Nature Quilt
Starting September 6th

Image - blue florets against a tan backgroundDon't you love this quilt, "Agapanthus?" It was made by Jan Partridge in one of my online "Design Your Own Nature Quilt" classes. As beautiful as it is, it's just one of many wonderful student examples I could have chosen to show you.

You can also make a fantastic quilt of your own design as part of my "Design Your Own Nature Quilt" class. The next online version starts on September 6th. I'd love to have you join us!

Check out the full class details.

See the student directory for many more great quilts.

" Crisscross"

I've sure had fun working on my latest quilt, "Crisscross." I chose a purple and berry colored background to set off the complementary yellow-green, and I think it really works.

Image - green palm fronds on purple background

I love the interesting background shapes and the high contrast. These are the things that excited me about my inspiration photo, as well. I've enjoyed this subject so much that I might create a few smaller companion pieces.

You can see additional information about this quilt, as well as a detail photo here. And see multiple blog posts about my inspiration and progress.

-

Next Online Class

September 6th
Design Your Own
Nature Quilt

Class Info

New on Website

Crisscross

New on Blog

- "Portfolio 19" Free Online
- Starting a New Quilt: Palm Fronds
- Cocoa Beach Retreat
- Out and About in Washington, DC
- The Library of Congress is GORGEOUS
- Stitch and Slash
- Elvis Lives. At Least in Fabric
Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

Great Online Book: "Portfolio 19"

Image - Portfolio 19 intro page

There's an awesome free quilt book now online: "Portfolio 19." It's a gallery of quilts made by Professional Artist Members of SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates.) From abstracts to digitals, this book has MANY wonderful quilts! And my "Crotons" quilt is included, as well. (That's it on the intro page, at right.)

Click here to see the book.

What's New

I shared with you several months ago that my quilting schedule had slowed down as I'd been caring for a sick family member. Many of you sent notes of encouragement, which I greatly appreciated.

The sick person is my husband, and I'm VERY happy to tell you that he is doing MUCH better! He's far from well, but we're really enjoying having him feeling good for now. We're even doing a little traveling, an unexpected pleasure. We spent a few days in Washington, DC and I blogged about the beautiful Library of Congress building, among other things. Take a look.

Ellen

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2013 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.