Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
March 2015 Newsletter
Double Reverse Applique
Starting Online March 6th

Although I often strive for a sense of looseness in my quilts, there are times when accuracy is called for. Like when creating portraits.

Ellen Lindner's Double Reverse Applique technique, AdventureQuilter.com
Image - Ellen

That's when I use the Double Reverse Applique technique. Because stitching is done DIRCETLY on the pattern, accuracy is both easy and assured.

You can give it a try on March 6th, when the next online Double Reverse Applique class begins.

Ellen Lindner - class sample Double Reverse Applique

In this class you'll:
- Master the the Double Reverse Applique technique,
- Make the killer apple project shown here,
- Learn how to make your own patterns for future DRA projects.

This class has been around a while, so I've decided to lower the price to $29.
Join the excitement on March 6th! See student results and full information.

Fun Teaching

Adventures in Color class taught by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.comI've taught some really fun classes this past month. It's just such a kick to get together with enthusiastic quilters and make art!

As an example, in a recent color class the students enjoyed using colorful pieces of paper for their workbook exercises. They tore them and glued them in place, following the principles they learned. It didn't take long for the tables to be covered in SEVERAL layers of paper!

BTW, the hotel in which this class was held was rumored to be haunted. Fortunately, no one had any interesting encounters to report.

Check my teaching schedule to see if I'll be near you soon.

Next Online Class

Double Reverse Applique
March 6, 2015

Upcoming Events

- April 14-15, lecture and classes, Mt. Dora, FL
- May 19-20, lecture and class, Boca Raton, FL

Full Schedule
Click here

Art on Tour

New on Blog

- UFOs No More
- Second UFO Complete
- A Boat Full of Baubles
- Do Birds Like Glass Art?
- Designing in Sebring
- More Design in Sebring
- What's Round, and Colorful, and Messy?
- Chihuly's Citron
- Tropical Flowers

Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

Ellen Lindner - Adventure Quilter

Products I Like

Ellen Lindner, AdventureQuilter.com

Quilters often ask me about the products I use. I'm happy to share those answers, and you can find my recommendations in one of my free articles: "Products I Like."

What's New

Chihuly's art glass, AdventureQuilter.com

I got to see Dale Chihuly's art glass, installed at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, in Coral Gables, FL. It was FANTASTIC! I know you'll enjoy the photos I've added to my blog.

Ellen Lindner's scrapbooking example, AdventureQuilter.com

I haven't spent that much time in the studio lately, because I've contracted digital scrap booking fever! After rediscovering it recently I've been almost addicted! Just think: digital papers I can change to any color, stickers and clip art I can make transparent, photos I can change to any size. The possibilities are limitless, (although there is a bit of a learning curve.)

Even though I've really enjoyed working on scrapbook pages, I'm kinda hoping the honeymoon period is almost over, so I can get back to quilt making!

I hope you're having your own creative adventures!
Ellen Lindner

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2015 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.