Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
April 2015 Newsletter
Sticky Fingers: Poppy Power
Online Class April 24th

Let's get our fingers sticky and make some poppy art!

The glued collage technique we'll be using is fast and easy. And the class project is this awesome poppy design.

White Poppies - a glued collage, class project for Sticky Fingers with Ellen Lindner

We'll get started on April 24th. Find full class details here.

As I Watched in Wonder

My latest quilt was inspired by the hand dyed fabric I bought to make it. The fabric reminded me of a sun setting behind bare tree branches, so I decided to continue that idea as I created it.

Here's the finished quilt, called As I Watch in Wonder.

As I Watch in Wonder, an art quilt by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

See a detail shot and more information.

A Nice Win

I was delighted to win a sponsor award in the Titusville Art League's Spring Show. The show included all media and my category covered mixed media, fiber art, and collage. (A quilt covers all of those!)

Summer in the South, an art quilt by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

It's always great to receive recognition in these mainstream shows. Especially locally. I think I should do more of them.

Next Online Class

Upcoming Events

- April 14-15, lecture and classes, Mt. Dora, FL
- April 23, lecture in Pensacola, FL
- May 19-20, lecture and class, Boca Raton, FL

Full Schedule
Click here

Art on Tour

New on Website
- As I Watch in Wonder
-
Grow with the Flow Gallery
- New student work in the Design Your Own Nature Quilt Gallery

New on Blog

- On the design wall - STILL
- Going to the Birds
- Exhibits and Awards
- Orange Art Flags
- A Different Kind of Flag
- Designing a Farm Quilt
- Starting the Farm Quilt

Blog home

-

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

Ellen Lindner - Adventure Quilter

Student Quilts

Quilt made in the Grow with the Flow class with Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.comIt's always fun to get photos from my students proudly showing off their finished quilts. Ellen Heimlick sent me a photo of her Grow with the Flow quilt, at right. As you can see, she used very HOT colors and this is reflected in her title, "Blazing Blooming Sunrise." She did a great job!

Faith Pfalz took a Design Your Own Nature Quilt class with me and created her piece, "Dune Sunflowers," as a result.

Made in a class with Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

She did an excellent job working loosely, and her background is a perfect example. The inspiration photo showed gray speckled rocks. She took her color cues from them, but used straight lines, which complemented the curves of the flowers very nicely.

What's New

Whew. I recovered from that bad scrap booking bug and I'm now able to engage in other pursuits - most notably making art quilts.

Art flags by Ellen Lindner, AdventureQuilter.comI also made another fun thing recently: art flags. About a dozen artists are participating in a project which will result in our flags decorating a wooden covered walkway on the campus of Florida Institute of Technology. All of this is to support the art quilt exhibit which will be on display in the adjacent building - all summer. Won't that be cool?

Read more about this and other adventures on my blog.

I'll have full exhibit details for you next month.

I hope you're having your own creative adventures!
Ellen Lindner

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2015 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.