Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
June 2015 Newsletter
Design Your Own Nature Quilt
Starts Online June 26th

In the "Design Your Own Nature Quilt" class you'll learn how to compose a design, create and control a focal point, and much more. In fact, you'll gain enough knowledge and skill to make a unique design using your own photo as an inspiration source. It doesn't get much more exciting than that!

My students love this class because they find they're able to do things they would have never thought possible. This is exhilarating for all of us!

Diane Selter's Autumn in New England, is a good example. She simplified her design and let her fabric do the work. (There's even some corn fabric in the trees.) Awesome!

Diane Setler results from Ellen Lindner's Design Your Own Nature Quilt class.  AdventureQuilter.com

Read a short excerpt from the class material. See other student results in the student gallery.

Part One starts June 26th and class enrollment is very limited. Find full details here.

Taking Flight

My latest piece, Taking Flight, was a joy to make!

Taking Flight, an art quilt by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

It's made from luscious silks dyed by Judith Content. She gave them to me and they did pretty much all the work. I had fun arranging them, and adding hand and machine stitching.

Here's a detail shot.

Taking Flight - detail, an art quilt by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

Check here for more information and two more detail shots.

Next Online Class

Happening Soon

- May 15- Aug. 22, Southern Accents art quilt exhibit, Melbourne, FL

Full Schedule
Click here

Art on Tour

New on Web Site

- Taking Flight
-
3 New additions to Design Your Own Nature Quilt gallery
- 3 new additions to Double Reverse Applique gallery
- 2 new additions to Grow with the Flow gallery

New on Blog

- That Fabric!
- A Purple (and Red) Heart
- Farm Quilt: Home Stretch
- "Oak Green Farm" Complete
- Instant Art Quilts in Mt. Dora
- Great Results in Mt. Dora
- Dancing in the Wind
- An Abundance of Good Wishes
- "Southern Accents" Exhibit
- Studio to Gallery Conference
- In Recognition

Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

Ellen Lindner - Adventure Quilter

Southern Accents
Art Quilt Show, Melbourne, FL

If you live near Melbourne, FL, you'll definitely want to check out Southern Accents at the Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts, on the campus of Florida Institute of Technology.

I have two quilts in the show, which runs May 16 - August 22. Crisscross sold the first day! Yippee!

Ellen Lindner with her art quilt Crisscross.  AdventureQuilter.com

And Crotons is displayed prominently at the top of the stairs, (right as you arrive.)

Ellen Lindner's Crotons, hung at the top of the stairs.  AdevntureQuilter.com

I felt like the belle of the ball!

Outside, the art flags were flapping in the wind. They're wonderful!

Art flags at Florida Tech.  AdventureQuilter.com

I hope you get to experience it all. In the meantime, you can read more about it on my blog.

LOTS of New Student Work

My inbox has been full, recently, with students sending me photos of their finished quilts. I love that! Some of http://www.adventurequilter.comthe makers took classes with me years ago and some were in a workshop with me just last week.

http://www.adventurequilter.comMarge Lehrer's pieces are a good example. She made the pear at left in a "Double Reverse Applique" class 8 years ago. She brought it to a class last week to show me her finished result. Then, she set to work on her red "Grow with the Flow" quilt, shown at right.

These two are just a little peek. I hope you'll check out all the student galleries for the EIGHT new additions:
Design Your Own Nature Quilt
Double Reverse Applique
Grow with the Flow

Look for the bold titles which indicate new pieces.

What's New

The Studio to Gallery conference was really spectacular. We had a wonderful mix of professional classes, fun socializing, and great art.
Read more about it on my blog.

I'm sure you've heard the axiom, "If you want to get something done, give it to a busy person." I guess I fit that description because I'll soon be taking on a new responsibility: that of SAQA's Florida co-representative.

Are you familiar with SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates?) It's an international organization who's mission is to promote quilts as art. To that end, it provides many exhibit opportunities, as well as a multitude of business, photography, and marketing resources to its members. I'm excited to be representing the 150+ Florida members, along with my co-rep, Kathryn Robinson. However, outgoing reps Nancy Billings and Jayne Gaskins have left us some very big shoes to fill! See the group above. L-R: Me, Nancy, Kathryn, Jayne

I'm enjoying my adventures and I hope you're enjoying yours, as well!
Ellen Lindner

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2015 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.