Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
July 2015 Newsletter
Design Your Own Nature Quilt
Class Online

Midwinter Visitor, an art quilt by Chris Staver.  Made in a class with Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com
In the "Design Your Own Nature Quilt" class you'll learn how to compose a design, create and control a focal point, and much more. In fact, you'll gain enough knowledge and skill to make a unique design using your own photo as an inspiration source. It doesn't get much more exciting than that!

My students love this class because they find they're able to do things they would have never thought possible. This is exhilarating for all of us!

Chris Staver's Midwinter Visitor is a great student example. Didn't she do a great job creating depth?

Read a short excerpt from the class material. See other student results in the student gallery.

Part One started on June 26th but it's not too late to join. Find full details here.

Lava to the Sea

Whew, that was challenging! But, I finally did enough trial and error to arrive at the composition of my latest quilt called Lava to the Sea.

Lava to the Sea, an art quilt by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

Now, I love it. This piece began with another one of those wonderful silk panels from Judith Content. My challenge was to add additional components that would enhance the central piece, but not compete with it. You can read about my process on my blog.

A detail shot, showing my hand stitching, and a variety of fabric textures can be seen here.

Next Online Class

Happening Soon

- May 15- Aug. 22, Southern Accents art quilt exhibit, Melbourne, FL

Full Schedule
Click here

Art on Tour

New on Web Site

Lava to the Sea

New on Blog

- "Taking Flight"
- Teaching in Boca Raton
- Growing with the Flow
- Awesome Quilts from Boca
- Final Boca Quilts
- Gilding the Lily
- A Challenging Exercise for You
- The Cemeteries of New Orleans

- Exercise results

Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

Ellen Lindner - Adventure Quilter

On my Blog

An art exercise with Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com/blog

Do you like creative exercises? I do.
Since I found the quilt above so challenging to design, I decided to challenge my art quilt buddies with a similar task, as part of a group exercise. The idea is to expand on an existing image, just as I had to do with Lava to the Sea. You can read about it on the June 22nd post, and try it yourself. Look for their results on the June 28th post.

New Orleans cemetery.  AdventureQuilter.com/blog

You may also enjoy seeing some of the photos from a recent trip to New Orleans. I just started posting about it on June 26th.

Don't forget: you can subscribe to my newsletter and each post will arrive in your inbox.

What's New

I'm currently on a steep learning curve as I completely revamp my website. AND I'm learning new software in the process! It's a BIG job!

It's kinda fun, though, because I get to rethink (and hopefully improve) every little thing. Like the look of everything. This is the prototype for my new home page, at right. What do you think?

I'll begin to incorporate some of my format changes right away, which may make things look a little weird. (Like a white background where you'd expect a black one.) But, I plan to have the new and improved site completely ready to go by the end of the summer.

Have you got a summer project? I hope you enjoy it.
Ellen Lindner

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2015 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.