Ellen Lindner, Adventure Quilts
August 2015 Newsletter
Grow with the Flow
Online Class August 28th

Grow with the Flow quilt made in a class taught by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

My Grow with the Flow students have been making some really exciting quilts. Like the one made by Ellen Heimlich, at right.

You'll get a chance to join in the fun on August 28th.

We'll go with the flow and do some free rotary cutting for the background. SO easy and fast! And we'll do some "Fussy Fusing" for the plant. It's a technique for fusing lots of small pieces of fabric into one larger shape. Also easy and fast. Finally, you'll learn how to face your quilts. One of my favorite techniques.

This class will be fun and easy with lots of "growth." (Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun.)

See more Grow with the Flow quilts here.

Find full class details here.

Floral Improv

Floral Improv (sneak peek) class taught by Ellen Lindner.  AdventureQuilter.com

I'm working on a new class called "Floral Improv." In it students will learn how to make flowers without patterns and then arrange them into a lovely composition. I think it's going to be very fun, with dramatic results.

But ...SCREECH...I've been working on the sample and have figured out that it will take too long for a live one day class. No worries. I'll just create something smaller for my live classes and use the original sample for the online version. Which means, it will be a little while yet before I get it all ready to go.

In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy a sneak peek of the sample quilt.

Stitching with Black Thread

You may have noticed in the image above that I sometimes like to use black thread to add definition to my designs. Since that's a very intimidating idea to many of my students, I've developed an easy way to audition the idea.

Read this blog post to find out how.

Next Online Class

Happening Soon

- May 15- Aug. 22, Southern Accents art quilt exhibit, Melbourne, FL
- October 21, workshop, The Villages, FL
-
October 22, workshop,
Ocala, FL

Full Schedule
Click here

Art on Tour

New on Web Site

- Additions to the Grow with the Flow gallery.
- Additions to the Instant Art Quilt gallery.

New on Blog

- Images of New Orleans
- THAT Plantation
- A Happy Little Card
- Slavery in Louisiana
- Developing a New Class
- The Fear of Black Thread and How to Overcome It
- Door County, Wisconsin

Blog home

Subscribe to Newsletter

Use the button below to subscribe to the newsletter, sign up for advance class notifications, or manage your existing subscription.

Subscribe to
Newsletter
Safe Subscribe

Ellen Lindner - Adventure Quilter

What's New

Ever been to New Orleans? I went in the spring, for the first time, and found it to be a fascinating city. Check out my blog for a little taste of my experiences.

Ellen Lindner, AdventureQuilter.com
Locally, I'm sorta known as the "Queen of the crop." That's because of an infamous group project in which I severely cropped another quilter's quilt. (In my defense, I DID ask first!) Now, it's sort of a running joke with my quilt buddies. They're always "alarmed" if I get too close to their quilts while holding a rotary cutter.

Well, I have to say the title is pretty well deserved, and now I'm at it again. I recently cut up a less than successful quilt and am turning it into some charming little "Notes for a Friend" quilts. More on that next month.

I've added a couple of new student's quilts to the appropriate class galleries. See the links in the side bar and be sure to check them out. Great work!

Ellen Lindner

If you found this information useful, you may be interested in my free articles, online classes, and e-books. You'll find a full directory here.

©2015 Ellen Lindner, www.adventurequilter.com
Contact Ellen.