Design Your Own Nature Quilt
(One day without sewing or 2 days with sewing. Two days strongly recommended.)
Note: Your quilt will look nothing like the class sample, since you’ll design it from your own photo
This class will help take the fear out of design. Using your own nature photo, you’ll learn how to interpret it in fabric. Multiple group and solo exercises will give you the skills and confidence you need to start your own design. A raw edge collage technique will ensure maximum flexibility and speedy results.
These are just a few of the things you’ll be learning:
– Creating a sense of depth.
– Identifying and placing a focal point.
– How cropping can help a composition.
– Getting your fabric to do the work.
– How to work with raw edge collage.
Note: No artistic skills are needed, but artistic courage is required. Kit fee. Maximum 15 students.