I’m happy with the way the quilt featuring my two brothers is developing. Here’s my brother Ricky almost complete.
After making the face of my other brother, Todd, it was time to work on his jacket. First, auditioning fabric.
Here it is, in-progress.
All these little pieces were eventually glued to the muslin base and to each other.
Selecting fabrics for Todd’s pants was more challenging. They were sort of Army green; not a color I tend to stock. My first attempt:
No. I decided the color was too bright. This was my solution. Much better, I think.
Now that I’ve completed the two men I’m just getting started on the background. I’ll make it much looser, which I’m looking forward to.
So far, I’ve just worked on the sky. Some of it looks a little strong to me, but I’ve learned not to cast judgement until I can see everything together.
As you can see in the photo above, I’ve drawn the background fields and barns onto the muslin base. I’ll reference these as I continue.