In my last post, I showed you how I abstracted a photo to create a new design. This was my computer-colored sketch, although I knew I’d kick up the colors a good bit.
Soon, I was on to fabric selection. I spent a good bit of time on this, since I knew the value contrasts would be important.
Next, it was time for background construction.
I changed a few fabrics along the way.
When I first finished the background, above, the white curve leaf tip on the left was too attention getting. However, I knew I’d be adding white with the berries and hoped that they’d all balance out.
On to berries.
Yes, the white spots balanced out and I was crazy about those colors!
Time to glue everything together and take it to the machine. On to quilting!