After many distractions, I finally got back to working on my Red Bud quilt. I decided to name it “Spring Forth,” because I was captivated by the way the Red Bud blossoms pop right up out of the trunks.
I got lucky with the background fabrics. Many of them had colorful dots which worked well for implying more blossoms. I love it when the fabric does the work!
As you can see, I abstracted the flowers quite a bit. That was fun!
Find more details, dimensions, and purchase information on the Spring Forth web page.
P.S. I’m the queen of cropping. It VERY frequently improves the composition. Which I sorta noticed in the second image. I really like that composition, too.