After coming up with a design for my quilt, it was time to select some fabrics.
My computer generated sketch is shown above. I decided to fracture the sky quite a bit in order to give the impression of busy twigs, etc. The lower part would be mostly one fabric, though.
So, I dug into my stash of blues, to see if I had what I needed.
I crack myself up. Of course I did!
Next, I put a piece of muslin onto my design wall and drew in the desired dimensions. Then, I drew in the tree, along with some dotted lines for fractured sky pieces.
When the first piece went in I was so excited! I got quite a little Adrenalin surge!